Sunday, January 31, 2010

Note.

A pair of blue underwear dying an entire load of laundry blue seemed completely irrelevant this week after I heard about my friends and former high school classmates Nicole Kelling and Jon Lacina.

For those of you who don't know, Nicole was a sarcastic and acutely perceptive person who died of a drug overdose January 20. They thought it was suicide, but eventually they ruled it out.

People have been writing things to her on her facebook wall. Her mom's post was so simple and honest--they've named a star after her.

Jon disappeared January 22. He was filed missing this morning. I got to be friends with him my senior year, and we still hang out every now and then when we are home for breaks.

I've never wanted to go home so badly. My god, I hope he's okay.

1 comment:

  1. Its been a pretty sad month for the class of 2007. I attended Nicole's visitation, it was very fitting for her, but is not something that should have to be done for someone our age.

    I found out about Jon's disappearance randomly watching the news on Friday night, I was shocked, first Nicole, now Jon is missing? I have seen him maybe a total of 5 times since I have been at Iowa State. I hope that authorities can find something out for his parents very soon. I don't know what would be worse as a parent, not knowing where your son is or his condition, or (sorry for morbidity) finding that your son had passed away. I would hope that no parent would have to go through such a thing, but I feel like the second would at least bring some closure?

    His family is in my thoughts and prayers, I hope someone comes forward with information, or authorities are able to find him in good condition.

    ReplyDelete